When we began a new project recently the team thought about using Kotlin over Java to implement the backend. The project lead had issues with this because there was no clear information on how Kotlin would be supported by tools like Sonar and Jacoco. Since these tools deliver important information about code quality and potential issues we decided to spend some time on evaluating how these tools would collaborate with Kotlin.
I ran across a colleague’s article recently and figured that the Swift programming language would be a nice addition to his comparison. In order to remedy this I implemented the admittedly very simple web service in Swift and measured both its performance and size. Then I followed the given structure of the article in terms of how to present my relevant results. You may find these subsequently.